Sunday, April 6, 2008

Fishing Follies


Our little fisherman

Here fishy fishy!

Those darn ducks scared my fish away:(

What a face....the I didn't catch any fish face

Yesterday Steve took Ethan fishing at a local park that had just stocked their pond with 2,500 rainbow trout for a children's fishing derby. The two of them arrived at the park at 10:00 am hoping to catch a big fish. After 2 & 1/ 2 hours and only one bite they decided (mainly Ethan:) that maybe it wasn't their day to get anything. Ethan did see some kids catching fish, which was exciting because he saw that yes people DO catch fish! Hopefully next time Ethan will finally be able to catch his first fish. (I can already tell he is going to be a GREAT fisherman because he already is making up fish stories....he blamed the ducks in the pond for his lack of fish...he said the ducks scared his fish away:)

9 comments:

Mama Bunny said...

Aww so sweet - and I love the b&w!

Christina said...

I love the first picture. Aiden's only attempt at fishing so far has been dragging a pole behind while canoeing.

Anonymous said...

Amy those are gorgeous shots!!! I love the finger in the mouth shot! Those would all be so cute collaged on the wall. BEAUTIFUL! :)

Young Creations said...

Thanks for the kind words about Adam.

Fishing is one of my favorite things in the world. But it sure does take patience.

Hang in there dude!
Lauren

Heidi said...

I love that the pics are b&w and the last one is especially cute! Bummer they didn't catch anything though.

Our Family of 5 said...

Oh My Goodness! The tears streaming down his precious face broke my heart! The photos are stunning!

amy and kids said...

Those are all great shots, you are fantastic with the camera!

Jill said...

Really so sweet and expressive. I just love the black and white. His eyes are the best!

You have a great eye for pictures. Your kids are beautiful!

Jenelle said...

Darn those ducks! I love the last picture. There all awesome photos!