Friday, September 14, 2007

A vist to Jackson


Karen, Sammy & Mia at the park

Ethan walking the plank

Love the "do" Sammy!!

Mia looking sweet

Such an innocent face!


Sunday afternoon we headed up to Jackson, MI to visit the Nickols family. We had a WONDERFUL time!!! Ethan kept saying "I like Sammy....Sammy is a boy" It's a funny statement because most of his friends are girls. Right now he doesn't appreciate this and I know that all too soon that will change.

Look what we found in our pumpkin patch

Maybe if I tilt my head back I can get the entire block in my mouth


Karen & Amy took the kids to the park while Lane & Steve got dinner ready. After dinner we had the boys help us carve fake pumpkins. Sammy & Ethan didn't know what to think of them. They kept blowing the light bulbs thinking they would blow them out. They were proud of their pumpkins and put them on the mantel.

On the way to get ice cream

Sammy & Ethan test drive the new double stroller

This is Lane's banana split...no this is NOT the dare to be great sundae

This is a JUNIOR sundae
Sammy drinks his ice cream
Now we have war paint
Have to get every last sprinkle
Yes Lane.... we are IMPRESSED you are eating that!!!
Can we come here more often????

We took a walk to the local ice cream shop called The Parlour. Let me tell you I have NEVER seen ice cream like this before in my life!!! At The Parlour, customers have the opportunity to try to conquer the “Dare to be Great,” which consists of 21 scoops of assorted flavors of ice cream, pineapple, chocolate chips, marshmallows and strawberries, topped with nuts, sprinkles and 10 cherries. I wonder how many calories are in the bowl!!! After ice cream we all "wobbled" back to their house and hung out. It was a fun day for all. Tuesday they leave to visit their daughter in Guatemala. We pray for safe travels for them and that they will be back there soon to bring her home FOREVER!!

























Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting

1 comment:

Mama Bunny said...

Oh I just LOVE Karen!! I'm so glad you two live close to eachother.

That ice cream.... O-M-G! It looks like the ice cream from the movie Home Alone.... :)

Did he finish it?