Sunday, July 22, 2007

Potty Progress





Well I know most parents can relate when your child goes potty in the potty for the first time. It is a BIG deal! To amuse myself I decided to put some "big boy" underwear on Ethan this afternoon after his nap. I then went into the kitchen. When I came back to him he had already wet himself. I thought am I nuts for doing this???? I changed his pants and we headed off to my mom's for dinner. When we got there (10min away) he was again wet. Not a problem, because I came prepared. I changed him again, but this time just let him run around in his underwear. (Which I think was the key to his success) When he started to go the next time, it came down his leg. He stopped and we ran to the bathroom where he finished his business. The rest of the night he did pretty well. He went a total of three times and only had one accident. (Which was at dinner time) This is a HUGE step for us because he has NEVER showed any interest in being a big boy yet. We hope that this interest wasn't just a one time thing and it continues!


Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Share Photos - Free Video Hosting


Yes I know that someday he will hate me for posting this and taking these pics, but it is such a big deal!!! We love how he tucked his shirt into his underwear!!!

The last time we bought diapers we told him Kroger only had one box box left. We told him that they needed to put food where they kept his diapers. We don't know if that sparked his interest, but we're going to stick to the story!

3 comments:

Mindy said...

You have EVERY right to be super excited!!! I remember potty training with Alec which was TOUGH to do. He took a long time to train and we finally ended up 100% trained last summer (at nearly 4 years old). So I can really relate to your excitement! I hope it continues to go well! The key is to keep up with it...even though it can get exhausting!
Hugs

Katie said...

Good Job Ethan - now you are a big boy !!!

Lori said...

Yeah! That is exciting news. My only advice is to be consistent! People keep asking me when we'll potty train Morgan - my answer is usually "Never" Seriously - it will be a while before we tackle that project. Good luck! Keep up the great work Ethan!
Lori