Friday, February 20, 2009

Winter Tea Party


Our "fine china" came out of retirement

Our lunch spread

An afternoon tea party





Yummy tea

Now we just need to get her pinkie up

The guests get a bath

Baby taking a tea bath....maybe it's a spa treatment

No one could answer how exactly this happened

Our petite fours

Look Momma...it's a magic rainbow cake that turns colors

Analyzing the petite fours

Yum, yum....Ethan searched for crumbs to clean up

Last week I got SICK of the snow and cold weather we have been having. I had Thursday off and decided that we were going to have a real tea party. I went to the store to get the necessary items such as petite fours. Ethan and Mia helped set up the table for our afternoon tea. I was really brave and even let them us our china we got for our wedding. The kids loved it! Ethan and Mia thought it was so special to be eating off of Momma & Daddy's china. The tea went well until their guests crashed our party. Pa Grape, Mr. Lunt and Larryboy from Veggie Tales were swimming in our teacups. Mia's babies decided that they were going to take baths at the party too. By the end of our party we had a mess. We had so much fun I didn't mind cleaning up.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

You are such a fun mommy....and a brave one too! Great pictures!!!

Jenelle said...

How fun! We had tea parties when I was growing up complete with British accents. Actually, we had one a few weeks ago at my mom's with my sisters and seven-year-old niece, Alexis. I think my sisters, mom, and I had more fun then Alexis. She thought we were weird!